Mr Ugyen P. Norbu (Photo - Left) National Consultant for UNCDF facilitated the workshop. The workshop was attended by over ten people from the local government office; including key program members such as Mr Melam Zangpo, Mrs Tshering Yanki, Mr Choki Dorji, Mr Lhendup R Wangchule, Mr Saha Dev Thapa and Mr Lhapchu.
The aim of the workshop was:
- To assess the LoCAL program at the end of its pilot phase in terms of what has been achieved against the expected outcome and outputs
- To examine how effectively the LoCAL program has fitted into LG development planning and budgeting system and addressed CCA needs of local communities
- To see how the LoCAL program can be improved and taken forward into the next phase
The expected outputs of this workshop were to :
- Assess the financing mechanism used in the project implementation,
- Evaluate how climate change issues were integrated in the planning process at local level
- Estimate the the outputs related to capacity development for climate change Under the LoCAL project in Wangdhue Podrang District.