A two day workshop on the LGCCII implementation and PBCR Grant Lessons Learned took place in Preah Sihanouk Province from 30 September to 1 October 2013. It received the participation of 65 people from the two target provinces including IP3 directors, Provincial Program Management Advisors, Provincial Infrastructure and Financial Advisers, District Governors, District Councils, District Advisers, UNCDF and NCDDS. The workshop was chaired by H.E Ngan Chamroeun, Executive Deputy Head of NCDDS.
The objective of this workshop was to better explain the Performance Based Grant System to the participating Local Government, and to share lessons learned on the LoCAL PBCR grant application. This was also an opportunity to review the CCA Planning and CCA Strategy process in target provinces.
He added: “We highly appreciate the great achievements of the L.G.C.C. so far. Obviously, the L.G.C.C. is a key model that has interested other countries and they are willing to replicate this model in their local governments”.
- Many topics were presented (see presentations below) such as the PBCR Concept, Experiences and Lessons Learned on PBCR under the LoCAL Global Programme, Presentation on PBCR Assessment Result -2012, the PBCR Assessment Process, the Development of CCA Strategy and Planning Process, Ideas on the establishment of CCA criteria for project proposal and Challenges and progress of the LGCCII project implementation in Takeo and Battambang province in 2013.
- All participants improved knowledge in PBCR grant application and implementation processes.
- All participant learned about the PBCR grant implementation in other countries under LoCAL programme
- All participants had opportunities to share issues, challenges, to propose solutions and to exchange their experience in the course of the LGCCII implementation.
- All participants improved knowledge in PBCR grant assessment and preparation for PBCR grant assessment to be used when they return home.