ACTIVITY MENU AT DISTRICT DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE LEVEL
At District level, the following activities are planned:
- Updating VDC profiles and DDC profile with localized data on climate change scenarios, -impact and –vulnerabilities, in order to strengthen climate resilience and strategic outlook of area-based development plans at community, Ward, VDC and DDC level;
- Water resource use sustainability related activities:
- Studies on seasonal fluctuations and long-term changes in available water sources, including water source mapping, flood water level calculations;
- Maintenance, upgrading of degraded water catchment areas with plantation;
- Development of water management plans to tackle drought, floods and extreme weather events.
- Capacity development of DDC, VDC, WCF and communities in selected VDCs on climate change resilience and –adaptation.